Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

State of the State just a tad bit late..

So as you are all aware I am a political junkie! This past week has been one crazy week for myself and the rest of the city of Tallahassee. This week kicked of the 60 days of what I like to think of as war in the Capitol. All of the senators and representatives from across the state came together to kick of this years session. On Tuesday March 4 Governor Rick Scott gave is his 4th State of the State Address. This address though could be considered his most crucial one yet being that he is headed into an election year! The Governors speech talked about how life was when he took office back in 2010, he spoke about the economy, tax increases, and unemployment. Governor Scott the. Continued to talk about all the improvements we as a state and the legislator have made these past three years! The Governor shared many personal stories of Floridians and even a few of his own. I'm excited to get to watch and be a part of this years legislative process and fingers crossed there is some really awesome opportunities coming way! So fingers crossed and prayers would be greatly appreciated! Below I'm sharing with you some of my favorite qoutes from the Governors speech:
      
"If we do all this, we can make Florida not just the land of 700,000 new jobs."
"We will make Florida the land of opportunity."
"Well…all I can tell you is that we are all products of our own experiences in life."
"I didn’t start caring about jobs when I ran a company. I started caring about jobs when I saw my father lose his."
"We have more work left to do; so let’s keep working."
I am also copying the link of the of the speech for anyone interested in reading it! This is a big election year and I am very sure I will in some way be taking part in the re-election of Governor Scott the Governor of this great state! 



I hope everyone is having a great week! Also all you spring breakers have fun and be safe❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment