Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thankful Tuesday 🙏❤️

It's thankful Tuesday❤️ have you sat and thought of why you are thankful on the wonderful Tuesday?

 Besides the Thankful Tuesday challenge I am challenging you to sit and answer the Gratitude Challenge: 
• write 10 living people you are grateful for
• write 10 people who have died that you are grateful for
•write 10 material possessions you are grateful for 
•write 10 things about nature you are grateful for 
•write 10 things about today you are thankful for 
• write 10 things on earth you are thankful for 
•write 10 modern inventions you are grateful for 
•write 10 foods you are grateful for 
•write 10 things about the gospel you are grateful

**Also Make sure to stop by my poll and answer what you are most thankful for this week**

(Working on my list still) I would love to hear comments or see pictures of the list you make! 

It's amazing some people may sit and answer these questions with no issues but some may struggle. I'm not gonna lie there were times on this list I found it difficult to answer some of the points. This issue comes from not taking every day to its fullest. I find myself somedays rushing through and not noticing the things happening around me. I myself is taking the challenge to grow in my gratitude not only for others but for God as well! I refer back to the statistics I qouted the other day cause they just strike so hard with me!!

   "If you own just one Bible ... you are abundantly blessed. 1/3 of all the world does not have access to one.
   If you woke up this morning with more health than illness ... you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.
   If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation ... you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.
   If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death ... you are more blessed than three billion people in the world.
   If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep ... you are richer than 75% of this world.
   If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace ... you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.
   If your parents are still alive and still married ... you are very rare, even in the United States.
   If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful ... you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.
   If you can hold someone's hand, hug them or even touch them on the shoulder you are blessed because you can offer God's healing touch.
    If you prayed yesterday and today ... you are in the minority because you believe God does hear and answer prayers.
If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing in that someone was thinking of you, and furthermore, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read at all.
   If you believe in Jesus as the Son of God and as your Saviour ... you are blessed as being part of a small minority in the world ... A men ... 2jesus"

   I woke up this morning thankful to get another day with the people I love doing what I am passionate about. I woke up thankful to be surrounded by family on this holiday season I woke up this morning just simply feeling blessed. It's heartbreaking to know that there will be children and families this holiday season let alone any other day of the year that will not be able to afford food and gifts. This past Sunday at my church they asked that if anyone was willing to please stop by in the concourse and pick up a card that would have a child's name, age, and the one thing they were asking for Christmas. My family chose a young girl and boy and all they asked for were some clothes. This blew my mind that these children could ask for any one thing and all they wanted was some clothes. I can reflect back and remember Christmas list of mine that I am pretty sure my parents would have had to take out mini fortunes to pay for but every year all the things on that were not only on my list but my siblings list were under the tree. It's crazy the things we take for granted. So this Christmas season challenge yourself to find ways to give back to the community. There is a great website called www.DoSomething.org and they are an organization that sets up campaigns through out the year to raise awareness about different causes and one really awesome one right now is Jeans for teens! Make sure to go check it out. Well I wish you all a blessed day and will check in at the end of the day to see how your thankful Tuesday has been. Have a blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment