Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

State of the Union and Proverbs day 4..

   Happy hump day y'all!! Get excited cause this means we have made it half way through the week and for most only have two more days but for the lucky like me only 1 more day and then a three day weekend! I was smart when scheduling my classes and work schedule and made sure I got Fridays off, and not only do I not have work on Friday I got today off for a Florida Snow day. Who would have thought!  Anyways though get excited cause today is my first political post! I warn you now I am as I said before in my bio a conservative young women. I am open to others thoughts and opinions and try my hardest not to offend anyone but I am conservative in my thoughts and opinions. So you can already probably guess my opinion on the President and his administration but this is not a post to bash the President this is a post to recap the State of The Union and share my own opinion on what was said.
   In last years address the President promised some very ambitious goals including, immigration reform, gun control, and action on climate change. Though many of these things don't look to be changing there are many hopes to see some new opportunities for bipartisanship solutions for some pressing national problems this year. Bipartisan legislation as been brought to congress that looks to establish a fund that will help rebuild America's crumbling infrastructure and help spur the economic growth allowing the creation of more jobs for Americans. The most promising opportunity to come from the administration will be the reform on the corporate tax-reform which has received much bipartisan support. The big thing in my personal opinion to hope to see is honestly the bipartisan. For so long now we have watched republicans and democrats argue and drag each other through the mud well and really not achieve much. So lets hope that this year in 2014 we see change.
   I start off by giving props to President Obama and his speech writing staff because there is no argument there that they always produce an amazing piece. In all honesty President Obama made some very powerful and to me moving statements such as, "Tonight this chamber speaks with one voice to the people we represent: It is you, our citizens who make the state of our union strong.", and "Now-- opportunity is who we are. And the defining project of our generation must be to restore that promise." Though strong powerful statements were made no new ideas were really proposed Tuesday night during the Presidents address.
   The President speaks of optimism and opportunity for Americans but proposes no new ideas. Our only hope here can be that this means he finally going to get to work on the things he has been promising for so long. Throughout the speech he calls upon congress and bipartisanship which is something that I personally feel is essential to American politics in this coming year. As a voter I don't know about you but I find it ridiculous that for 16 days the republican party had to throw a fit to try and get what they wanted from the democratic party, and that democrats bought in to the behavior. I'm sorry I don't pay my taxes as little as those may be for you to go running around crying that you are not getting your way. So I did agree with President Obama when he questioned congress about whether they were ready to help or hinder that process this coming congressional year. Though the President made some strong statements about bipartisan he then came out with If congress is not willing to work with me to reach the goal I will come over with my executive power. Which when reading some statements from Fox News I have to agree with Rep Rand Paul when he says that this came across as a, "my way or the highway approach." Along with bipartisan the President speaks about preparing Americans for the workforce. He mentions that he has called upon our Vice President to make sure that he gets to work reforming America's training programs to have one mission and goal in mind and that being GET AMERICANS TO WORK!! The President also looks to undo basic research cuts in the coming year to start getting ahead in the U.S for technology along with wanting to see more, "made in the USA," stamps. So lets hope this year we finally see some big things happen for America.
 As quoted from a Fox News article, " As Winston Churchill might say, the challenge for the President Tuesday night will be to dispel the notion that it is not the beginning of the end of his presidency but merely the end of the beginning of his second term."So here it to optimism and hoping for great things politically this year! Lets pray that this truly is a "year of action," from this administration and congress. I am ready to see America revived and getting back to work.
   To wrap up this lovely hump day I leave you with the 4th day of Proverbs! "Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it." Proverbs 4:23.. Happy Hump day and get excited for Thursdays post!

No comments:

Post a Comment