Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A year in review!

Wow how so much has happened in the year 2013 for me! I graduated high school, moved away to college, got a job with the Florida Lottery, and mad some pretty great memories. As great as this past year has been I am overjoyed to see what this next year holds for me.

Preforming in my very last National Dance Competition:
I have danced for the last 15 years of my life and at the beginning of this year I took the floor as a national competitor for the very last time. It was crazy to think that after all the many years of blood, sweat, and tears it all came down to that last performance. I made so many memories with those girls that will never be forgotten. I am very excited that this spring I will be getting back into the dance groove by taking some classes at a local studio in Tallahassee and I am trying out to be a UDA instructor as well which excites me a lot!






Turning 18:
2013 brought new experiences for me when I turned 18 I was now legal to buy cigarettes, lotto tickets, and jump out of airplanes for fun. Of course being the daughter of an adventurer and adrenaline junkie for my 18th birthday he surprised me with jumping out of a plane. My dad put it best. "Once you jump out of a plane every fear you ever had and every doubt you ever thought will never be there again." Jumping that day made me realize first the amazing beauty of the earth and that if I can trust some stranger to strap up with me and jump out of a plane with me there was never any reason to fear or doubt anything else. 



Graduating high school:
We all counted down the days and talked about how much better life was gonna be when we moved away. Some days I think we can all agree we miss home. Like when you walk into the cafeteria and their is mush for lunch or when your laundry is to the ceiling. Graduating high school was the start to our futures and our time to make a stand! Attending the high school I did has lead me to some very amazing opportunities and I will forever be greatful for that. 






The start to our new beginnings:
Well college has been one amazing experience for me so far. I have found a job I love. I mean come on I give millions of dollars away to people everyday! I have made some amazing friends and had a blast attending college events. I even find time to miss my family every once and a while. I am excited for the next three years of college to see what's in store for me. 













2013 has brought so many experiences and memories I will never forget. As for 2014 though I hope to grow more with my faith, my intelligence, and my selflessness. This next year I hope to focus more on paying it forward and giving back to the community. This week I will be ordering my "The Giving Key.." The Giving Key is and awesome organization that helps employ the homeless. You order your refurbished key that has some sort of word on it like, Faith, courage, and inspire. You wear the key for as long you feel that you need the key than you pass the key on to someone else and this is suppose to continue on from that person and more.

Along with my giving key I will be starting the Love your body challenge via the lovely ladies of Tone it Up.. It is a series that will start at the beginning of the year on Jan 1st and run till Feb 14th. I recommend all ladies head over and check out their website. They have so many types of exercises and recipes that are super easy and delicious! 


As you ring in the new year I hope everyone stays safe. I personally am looking forward to starting off my night at one of my favorite restaurants Eaton's Beach and then finishing off the night and starting the new year with my closest friends! I wish everyone a happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment