Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

12 days of Christmas devotionals❤️๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ

How blessed have I been this weekend to get to spend time with friends in family in North Carolina. The weather was beautiful and the company was great! 
We explored some if the state parks and tried out the geocaching! 
 
We explored the parks and found a very beautiful flowing river that was fun to explore around❤️



     While on my trip to North Carolina I started The 12 days of Christmas devotionals which I will share the first three days below! At Christmas time we get going and at time lose sight of what the Christmas season is all about. It's not just about te gifts and all the awesome gadgets and gizmos under the tree. It's about celebrating the life if the greatest gift ever given. A life that was sacrificed for all of us and never asked for anything in return. So here I share the first three days of the series:
    Day 1: The greatest Christmas gift.. 
    And what a difference between our sin and God's generous gift of forgiveness. For this one man, Adam, brought death to many through his sin. But this other man, Jesus Christ, brought forgiveness to many through God's bountiful gift. And the result of God's gracious gift is very different from the result of that one man's sin. For Adam's sin led to condemnation, but we have the free gift of being accepted by God, even though we are guilty of many sins. The sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over us, but all who receive God's wonderful, gracious gift of righteousness will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ."Romans 5:15-17 
    At Christmas time we find ourselves being receivers and not givers more times than not especially as adolescent. Christmas though is a time for giving. Thousands of years ago Jesus Christ the greatest gift of all was given to us then for him to give his life for us as well. So find time to give this season and to pay it forward. 
"All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 'The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel' - which means, 'God with us.'"Matthew 1:22-23 Day 2: laugh with Immanuel 
    "Surely you have granted him eternal blessings and made him glad with the joy of your presence." Psalm 21:6
God went through hard times and good times as we do in our lives. We seem to only lean in God in those times of sorrow and anger. We look to Him when we find fear or concern more times than we do to rejoice in all the good he has provided us. Challenge yourself this Christmas season and through out the year to turn to him in those times of achievement as well to show thanks and gratitude❤️

Day 3: Wonderful impossibilities 
 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21 

This comes with the story of Mary. Mary was a virgin that God made the impossible with by giving her His son. Mary gave birth to the impossible. This relating to that He can accomplish through you, those things that seem impossible in your life. 

I love each day when I sit down with my bible and my Gods girl to learn more of Gods word. I find myself more inspired each day to grow my faith and to spread the word. It's amazing the one man would give His whole life just so we could stand here today to live our lives. That's why I praise often to remind myself of His amazing works. This week I decided to share one of my favorite worship songs that I live to sing and it's called "Made Alive," by the Citizens 
You have to go listen if you have not heard it before and even if you have you should just go to jam to it anyways. This is a song that when I am feeling like I have had a rough day or things just aren't going right I will turn on and sing at the top of my lungs and appreciate everything I have and that I am doing! Well I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their wonderful Sunday and enjoy the 12 days of Christmas devotionals and share with others❤️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment