Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Happiness Project: Morgan Kennedy Miller Day 1

   So today is the first post for The Happiness Project. I share with you my first response back from a former art teacher of mine. Ms. Sapp was more than just an art teacher, she was an inspiration to me when it came to creativity and being yourself. I took art with Ms. Sapp my 7th and 8th grade years. Her class is where I made my replica Jackie O painting I still have to this day even with her terrible eyes. Ms. Sapp's class taught me how to work outside my comfort zone and showed me my love for John Mayer. (lol) I am ever so thankful for the impression she left on me and hope it is something I carry with me forever. Ms. Sapp's responses to my questions alone make me so happy and remind me why I have thought she is one of the coolest people I know! Here is her response:
 
Your Name: Ryn Sapp
A little bit about you:  Only child of 2 amazing parents, graduate of FSU, on my 2nd career ( I had to do my first job in order to be good at my 2nd one!), high school teacher, sports junkie, part-time artist, gypsy, sci-fi nerd
 
Your favorite Song?: “Baby, You’re the World to Me” by David Gray
 
Your favorite Quote?: “Be the change you wish to see in the world” – Mother Theresa (I have a pair of Toms that has this  saying on it!)
 
Who has been an inspiration to you and why?: My mom, who taught me that working hard is its own reward and Pam (Roberts) Brewer, who taught me to never do anything half way…to put your whole entire heart into doing what you love!
 
What makes you happy?: speaking of what makes you happy…finding new music, painting on a rainy day, FSU football (more specifically, singing the fight song and doing the “tomahawk chop’ with 80,000 of my closest friends at a night game when it’s cold!!), tailgating, road trips (full tank of gas, open road, windows down, music blaring), flea markets and yard sales, exploring a new city, having a student contact me and tell me something I did for them or taught them was important or valuable to them!!
 
What is something(s) you would share with the younger generation you wish you would have been told?:  What you get a degree in or what you think you want to do in college ISN’T necessarily what you’ll make a career out of.  It’s OK to take time to figure out what really makes you happy.  Making money is great and you need it to survive, but it’s way more important to be happy.  Nothing is worse than going to a job you hate, but not much beats going to a job you love and find meaningful.
 
Anything else you would like to add: advice for life…1) TRAVEL!  2) If you love someone, tell them. You never know when you might not have the opportunity to tell them one last time.  3) Do one thing that makes you happy every day, even if it’s a small thing. 4) Don’t let your mistakes in life consume you. Learn from them and don’t make the mistake again.  5) Sing in the car.  Loud.  Don’t be embarrassed if someone sees you.
 
****Thanks for asking me to do this, Morgan.  I am honored that you did.  You are precious and I am so proud of the amazing, altruistic and enterprising young woman you’ve become!!! 
 
 
Along with being one of the coolest art teachers you will ever find in her spare time Ms. Sapp creates some pretty cool masterpieces that you can buy. I am super excited cause I just received one for my birthday and look forward to buying some more for my new apartment. I highly recommend you go check out all her great pieces on her facebook and Instagram and get yours today! I connected the link to her facebook to all my pictures! Well happy hump day and hope you have a great Wednesday.
https://www.facebook.com/ryn.sapp
 
 
https://www.facebook.com/ryn.sapp

https://www.facebook.com/ryn.sapp

https://www.facebook.com/ryn.sapp

https://www.facebook.com/ryn.sapp
 

1 comment:

  1. What cute pieces! She is so talented! I love following your project :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete